Back in December I quilted my first string project (that was FULLY made with fabric I had on hand). Here is the post, but I am adding the pictures here again.
It's the string X pattern that I found on Quiltville, Bonnie Hunters website.
I love how it turned out! I didn't get as much of a pattern as I would have liked with the backgrounds, but I was proud of myself for not buying anything. I used whatever I had.
I had fun playing with the long arm on this project. One of my favorite spots was here where I "drew" straight lines. I did waves in all the X's.
Here I made a flower
I am still getting to use to the long arm, and I forgot that even if the backing is the same size is the front, it won't fit with on the long arm because of needing extra to attach it. So I had a border I had to finish up myself.
Now I know my original post was in December, but I didn't get this bad boy bound until February of this year. And then I was really bad and I never took pictures of it finished! but I shipped it off to a friend. But she did take some pictures for me:
I am entering Stitched in Color's Festival of Strings
I am linking up to let's get acquainted.