I loved the piecing of it. I talked about it here (in January! where does the time go?!) I also love that you can use whatever, I pulled things out of my strings bins without caring whether it matched or how it looked.
I definitely underestimated the number of blue strips I would need, luckily I found another that was close enough. I love the way it looks with the blue in the middle, but it was tough making sure it was centered!
I saw this picture (the picture is a link and takes you to the blog it is from) floating around pinterest and the blog world, so I decided I wanted to do that with my string quilt. I did mine a little different though. I chose to do the darks in place of the lights and lights for darks for the sashing. It definitely changes the look, I think it's quite a bit more scrappy looking. I pulled anything and everything out of my 1.5" bin to make this, great way to use up some of those scraps!
I showed this off at my sewing day. I realized that it's quite a bit longer, but not as wide. SO I think I will be adding another row down the side. IT'S SO SCRAPPY!!! I love it!