17 January 2016

Pirate Swap

I was doing a pirate swap, and my parent said they wanted a siren, well I couldn't find an exact siren, but I did find a mermaid, which is kind of the same thing right?  I liked the idea behind it, you cut up squares and sew them down.  

I think I did mine a little different then she suggested, I used iron on paper to the back and that was how I stuck it down.  Here you can see the start and some of my squares I used.  It was a great scrappy project!

And this is the final design.  I decided triangles would kind of give a sea feel.  For quilting I stitched inside the mermaid following her lines pretty close together.  Then every where else I just kind of did wavy stitches to look like the sea.  For the triangles I did straight line quilting.

I teach at a school whose mascot is the pirates, so I asked for something I could hang in my classroom.

And hang it I did!! I love it! It looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!